Based in Agno, Switzerland, Mikron Tool is a global leader in solid carbide drilling and milling technology. The company began life in 1998 out of the Tool Department of the Rotary Transfer machine manufacturer Mikron SA Agno.
Best known for the CrazyDrill Line “Crazy” stands outside only when “Crazy” is also inside.
The CrazyTool label may be used in Mikron Tool only when a new product line corresponds also to crazy requirements. Various criteria are important in this respect:
- A new product must represent a real novelty on the market.
- The product must be distinguished by its USPs (USP = Unique selling proposition) and thus bring a clear added value to the user compared to the other products available on the market.
The added value (USP) can be related to various areas:
- Improved processing solution
- Shorter machining time
- Better tool life
- Better surface quality
- Higher process reliability
- Lower cost per part
Generally, the Crazy line is ideal for:
- Precise machining in small dimensions (from a diameter of 0.1 mm (.004″)) on all types of drilling machines (also on small CNC milling machines)
- Process-reliable machining of large series
- Efficient processing with respect to cutting speeds and feed rates
- Processing of materials that are difficult to machine (stainless steels, titanium, CrCo alloys, superalloys, etc.)
Find the tool for your application by following the “Find Your Tool” link on the Mikron website or here : Mikron Tool Finder